1/1 Photo of Ecuadorean Potato Soup
Um Safia's Note:
Here is a nice, simple recipe for traditional Ecuadorian potato soup. I have not tried this yet & am posting for ZWT 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions (finely chopped )
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and diced )
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon aji chili powder (or cayenne )
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 lb cream cheese
- 1 medium avocado (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1Heat butter in large saucepan. add onions and saute for 10 minutes, add flour and mix until smooth.
- 2Add chicken broth gradually, stirring constantly until boiling. add potatoes, saffron, salt and chile powder & simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Add milk and peas and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Beat the eggs and cream cheese together in a bowl and gradually add 2 cups of the hot soup, beat constantly to avoid curdling.
- 5Return the contents of the bowl to the saucepan and heat through but do not boil.
- 6Place a few slices of avocado in each soup bowl and pour soup over them. serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ecuadorean Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 151.2 mg
- Sodium 987.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g