Recipe by loof
Clipped from an old issue of the Houston Chronicle newspaper, this is a great salad, perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
Top Review by Elmotoo
This looked very interesting but as I was making it I got nervous...will all these things come together? YES! Wow! It seems a strange combination but it works. A nice summertime recipe because the neither the stove nor oven are used & the microwave only minimally. Prep got a but tedious. Everybody raved! I served this with jerk sauce slobbered pork chops & they paired very nicely with the salad. A most excellent summer meal. Thank you! Made for Aussie Tag 7/12.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs purple potatoes (or red potatoes)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 2 heads boston lettuce
- 2 hardboiled egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the snow peas into thirds. Grate the carrots. Dice the celery. Chop the hardboiled eggs.
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, pineapple juice, chili powder, salt and pepper in a jar. Shake well to blend. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce with a fork. Arrange in a circle in a microwave. Cook on high 4 minutes. Turn potatoes over and microwave another 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave and wrap in a towel.
- Place corn and snow peas in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high 2-3 minutes, or until peas turn bright green. Stir in carrots, celery, and pineapple and let cool to lukewarm. Mix with half of the prepared dressing; refrigerate.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Peel and slice potatoes; arrange in a circle at the outer edges of the lettuce. Place the corn mixture in the center of the lettuce. Sprinkle with chopped eggs and parsley. Drizzle all with remaining dressing.