Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a simple Ecuadorian steak dish. According to Laylita of www.laylita.com/recipes (where I found the recipe), this is traditionally served with a fried egg, rice, French fries, ripe plantains, a small salad, avocado slices and hot sauce. Posted for ZWT 2008.
Top Review by realbirdlady
This is a simple way to dress up an economical piece of meat. We ate it with green rice (rice and avocado), which balanced the spices nicely. I used skirt steak that had been tenderized with a mallet, and allowed it to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2 lbs thin beef steaks, skirt steaks are a good choice
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crushed garlic, cumin, salt and pepper together to make a marinade for the meat.
- Rub the garlic cumin marinade on the thin steaks and marinate for a couple of hours.
- Grill, broil, or fry the steaks over high heat to desired doneness.
- Serve the steaks with a crispy fried egg or two on top and accompanied by rice, homemade fries, fried ripe plantains, tomato and onion curtido, lettuce, cucumber slices, avocado slices and aji criollo.