Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is meant to be eaten with plain white rice. No one ever believes me but as soon as they try it they are hooked. My DH loves it. Last time I was lazy and I made it with canned ingredients it was almost as good.
- 177.44 ml cubed cooked and peeled potato
- 118.29 ml chopped cooked carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped cooked beets
- 1 finely chopped hard-boiled egg
- 1 small chopped very fine red onion
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 73.94 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- cooked white rice
- Mix potatoes, beets, carrots, egg and onion together.
- In a separate bowl mix the oil lemon water and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Taste make sure it is real tangy from the lemon and salty from the salt. if not then add more.
- the oil can be substituted with extra water for dieters.
- Then either steam or boil white rice serve the hot rice with the chilled beat salad and taste them together.
This was wonderful! I did a vegetarian twist on this salad without the egg and used green onion, olive oil and a few fresh cilantro leaves! Thank you for this recipe!
I made this for a potluck and thought it was just OK. It was too tart for my taste. My husband on the other hand thought it was fine.
Wonderful blend of flavors and colors! I used canned diced beets and did not cook the carrot; I grated fresh carrot into the salad instead. Tasty, tasty!