Recipe by Buster's friend
O - M - G, this sounds unbelievably naughty! Perfect appetizer for a romantic dinner for two! Maybe the only course! Ecstasy was a popular Uglesich's Restaurant appetizer of shrimp in a sauce, served on lettuce with a blue cheese dip on the side. This is from "Cooking with the Uglesiches" by John Uglesich via The Times-Picayune..
- 1 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine, medium-dry
- 2 -4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 8 shrimp, tails on, peeled and deveined (medium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree blue cheese, 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice and cream in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a serving cup.
- Place garlic, parsley, 1/3 cup oil, sherry, hot sauce and lime juice in a bowl and stir. Pour some of the sauce into a skillet and set on medium heat.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet. Saute until the shrimp turn pink on both sides.
- Place the shrimp on top of the lettuce on a plate. Put the cup of blue cheese dip on the side.