I threw this together one afternoon after reading many white chicken chili recipes and not finding anything that would suit my tastes. This is very economical because it uses chicken thighs instead of breasts, and a taco packet instead of a hundred different seasoings. I highly recommend serving this along with tortilla chips, as it's just not the same without. This is amazing by itself, but try topping it with different garnishes, such as sliced green onion, sour cream, or shredded cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (I use the spicy hot kind)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- 1In dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, seasoning salt, and garlic powder.
- 3Place chicken thighs on a plate, and sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of the meat, and put into hot oil.
- 4Cook 8 minutes on each side, covered, and remove from pot.
- 5With heat still on, add diced onion, chili pepper, and minced garlic cloves to the chicken juices. Sautee 5 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, cut up chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- 7Add diced chicken back into the pot and continue sauteeing with veggies for 5 more minutes.
- 8Add chicken broth, white beans, green chilis, and taco packet. Stir together.
- 9Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes with lid on, but cracked.
- 10Serve hot in bowls with tortilla chips either on the bottom, the top, or on the side for dipping!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Economical White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 814.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: