Kim D.'s Note:
This homemade laundry soap can really help save money, plus it seems to work as well as the store bought soap. It cost about .30 cents per gallon to make! Prep time does not include letting the mixture set for 24 hours. NOTE I still use Downy in my Downy Ball to make my clothes soft!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a saucepan with 6 cups water and add grated Fels Naptha soap.
- 2Heat on low until soap is dissolved.
- 3Stir in Washing soda and borax.
- 4Stir until thickened, and remove from heat.
- 5Add 1 quart hot water to 2 gallon bucket.
- 6Add soap mixture, and mix well.
- 7Fill bucket with hot water, and mix well.
- 8Set aside for 24 hours.
- 9Don't forget to cover the bucket to keep small children and pets out.
- 10Mixture will thicken and gel.
- 11Use 1/2 cup of mixture per load.
- 12If clothes are heavily soiled, use 1 cup of the mixture per load.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Economical Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
Serving Size: 1 (2370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g