Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Inexpensive and healthy meal. This was in response to someone who had asked for an inexpensive but healthy meal for a tight budget. I suggest using chicken that has no antibiotics or preservatives to really keep it healthy. The cost is just a few pennies more. Even organic chicken on the bone is sometimes cheaper than the conventional chicken breasts.I usually find it each week for under 4 dollars for a pack of 4-5 drumsticks or 2 split breasts or 5 thighs with bone. I have used split breasts with the bone, legs and thighs with the bones for this. Trim off skin first if it is thick and heavy. Taste is simple; nothing fancy but it is good. Very versatile so everything is pretty much an estimate to taste. I cook for just my daughter and i so serving sizes are only for two; can easily be doubled, especially if you can find a large pack of drumsticks. Serve with healthy fresh steamed vegetables. Hope it works for you.
- 2 split chicken breasts, with bone
- 4 red potatoes, cut into smaller pieces leaving skins on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In oven proof dish or aluminum roasting pan (small) place all ingredients and be sure to cover chicken with all seasonings.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 for 1 hour.
- Check to be sure chicken is done; if not then cook till completely cooked through.
This is great!! I doubled the seasonings and mixed them in a bowl, then poured them all over the chicken AND potatoes.. yummy!!!
PAC 07 choice for me. I used new red potatoes for this one. I love the flavors. And true it is not costly.