Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe ALWAYS turns out great ! i got this recipe from the first book in the Peace,Love,and Cupcakes series. This recipe does include organic products though.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- in a medium bowl, mix flour,baking soda,and salt.
- in a separate bowl (i prefer a small bowl) add boiling water and cocoa powder ,then wisk until smooth.
- add vanilla and sour cream.
- in a third bowl ( i prefer a large bowl) cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time ,mixing well.
- slowly stirring, add one third of the flour and a third of the chocolate mix.
- spoon into cupcake pan 2/3 full.
- bake for 20-25 minutes.
- transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.