Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from a former boss of mine. Messy but awesome!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs (ROOM TEMPERATURE!)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix or 2 (3 ounce) packages custard mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 16 ounces milk chocolate frosting
- Cake: Pour water, butter and salt in a small saucepan, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the flour all at once, mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time mixing well after each egg until the mixture is well blended.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
- Spoon the dough onto the cookie sheet in the shape you want.
- (I have only had luck doing ovals!) Using a spoon, smooth the top and sides of the dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Shut off the oven but leave cake in there for 15 minutes with the door shut.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, cut in half lengthwise.
- Filling: Mix the pudding as directed on the box using the amount of milk listed above.
- Mix the heavy cream in a separate bowl until stiff.
- Fold the two mixtures together completely.
- Spoon this filling onto the bottom of the dough and smooth out.
- Replace the top section of the cake.
- Frost with the frosting.
- (You can subsitiute Cool Whip for the heavy cream but it won't be as rich tasting but it will be about 1000 calories less!).
I am a bit embarrassed...I actually made this weeks ago and forgot to review it...my bad!! Made this for my MIL's birthday. She loved it!!! I decorated it with fresh strawberries and it looked WOW!! I used the fresh cream (stuff the extra calories!) And I drizzled it with melted dark chocolate over the frosting. YUM!!!! I will be making ths again soon! Thanks for the keeper Verelucky!