Recipe by Rebecca Bowman
This is a no bake dessert. It tastes just like Chocolate Elclairs. It is a staple at family gatherings in my family. It must be made a few hours in advance.
Top Review by Margie99
This is the same recipe we use and we love it. It is not too heavy, great for summer gatherings. The only thing we do differently is to heat the frosting in the microwave until it is just pourable, then we pour it over the top. It works just great like that for us.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package graham cracker squares
- 1 (16 ounce) packageprepared chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix and milk.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the frosting over the entire cake up to the edges of the pan.
- Cover, and chill at least 4 hours before serving.