Recipe by Zewbiedoo
There are dozens of similar recipes on Zaar for Eclair Cake but believe it or not I could not find one exactly like this one, so here it is. The basic difference is that the icing is from scratch and not canned, nor does it contain Karo syrup. Cooking time listed is the 24 hour chilling time.
- 24 graham crackers (about 1 regular size box)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9 x 12 pan with graham crackers.
- Mix pudding with milk and stir in whipped topping till smooth/no lumps. Pour half of pudding over graham crackers.
- Layer with more crackers and the rest of the pudding.
- Top with graham crackers again.
- ICING: Mix sugar, milk and cocoa in saucepan and bring to a good boil for one minute. Add butter and vanilla, mix well. Pour over the graham crackers and chill for 24 hours.