Recipe by carolinafan
At Fourth of July cookouts or Christmas family and church get-togethers, I am always asked to bring this. This is even what my daughter asks me to prepare as her birthday cake. Simple to prepare but elegant tasting. I have tried versions with regular chocolate frosting but this is so much better. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Top Review by dojemi
When I was a child my Mother always made a recipe similiar to this one. It was just the graham crackers and pudding layered, ending with the pudding which she sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs. Reading it brought back memories of my Mom and I thank you for that. Will definately try it as posted here. I have rated it a 5-star because I know how wonderful my Mother's was, and I'm sure this is as well.
- 1 (1 lb) box honey graham crackers
- 2 small instant vanilla pudding
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (1 ounce) package Choco-bake (unsweetened liquid chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons white Karo
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons soft margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 9x13 inch pan and layer with whole graham crackers.
- Mix pudding and milk.
- Blend in cool whip.
- Put 1/2 pudding mixture over crackers.
- Layer more crackers over pudding.
- Top with rest of pudding.
- Cover with a layer of crackers.
- You will have 3 layers of crackers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before frosting.
- Beat all frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Frost cake and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Can be frozen.