Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The crust of this cake comes out very puffy when it is baked. Tastes "airy" like a cream puff. Different from the graham cracker crust you usually see in recipes. Worth the few extra minutes it takes. Excellent for pot lucks.
- CRUST: Boil water and butter together. Mix in flour. Using mixer, beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes. Cake will NOT be smooth or uniform in appearance.
- Let cool.
- FILLING: Cream together cream cheese and milk, adding a little bit of milk at a time. Mix in pudding and beat till thick.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust.
- Spread whipped topping on top.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Refridgerate at least one hour.
So easy, very light and delicious!
We used to make a dessert like this where I worked except it made 96 servings! Thank you for breaking it down! When it comes out it is all puffed up and uneven and you think it's ugly, but the filling and whipped topping covers it up! My dad loves this recipe as he love eclairs and this saves so much work! Thank you for posting it!
This was super easy, everyone loved it, will make it again. Be sure to grease pan well, I greased mine and it still stuck in a non stick pan. May do better on a non stick pan. I did my chocolate a bit different, using the following recipe posted by Chef carolinafan: 1 package Choco-bake (unsweetened liquid chocolate) 2 teaspoons white Karo 2 teaspoons vanilla 3 tablespoons soft margarine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 3 tablespoons milk