Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A healthy snack for the lunch box.
Make and share this Echidna Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 800 g sweet potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice (cooked see note)
- 65 g cheddar cheese (cut into 10 x 1cm cubes)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 210C or 190C fan forced.
- Line a 1 baking trays with baking paper and place sweet potato on one prepared tray and bake for 1 hour or until just tender and set aside for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin.
- Place sweet potato, cream cheese, flour and egg in a bowl and using a fork mix to combine.
- Spread rice on a dinner plate.
- Shape 1 heaped tablespoon sweet potato mixture into a ball and press 1 cub of cheese into centre of ball and shape the ball to enclose cheese.
- Roll ball over rice to cover, lightrly pressing rice onto ball and place on prepared tray and repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture, cheese and rice.
- Spray ball with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and heated through and set aside to cool.
- NOTE You will need 1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice to get 1 1/2 cup of cooked.
For flavor and concept, these are 5 stars, for actual technique, these are a 4 for me. I think these require some skill as I made as directed, yet my sweet potato filling wasn't firm enough to take in the cheese and roll in the rice. I got some to work, as you can see from my photo(s), but couldn't get the volume out. I will try these again. Thanks, I'm Pat! Made for Newest Zaar Tag game.