Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this in a magazine, looks too good!
- 225 g Ebly
- 600 ml milk
- 3 oranges, peel and juice (strained)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 50 g cornflour
- 150 ml whipping cream
- light demerara sugar or caster sugar, for glazing
- Cook Ebly in 1.
- 5 lts.
- of water for approx.
- 20 minutes, according to the desired texture alongwith the orange peel.
- Drain when cooked.
- Discard peel.
- Warm milk gently.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and cornflour together and slowly beat in the simmering milk.
- Return to heat.
- Bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
- When thickened and cooked out, remove from heat.
- Add orange juice and whipped cream.
- Add Ebly, mix well and pour into either a large oven proof serving dish or individual pots (you can chill at this time or continue).
- Sprinkle the top with demerara or castor sugar and glaze under an extremely hot grill.