Recipe by Sheynath
From the original Eating Well magazine. This recipe is from 1990. I wanted to post it here so I don't lose it.
- 3 lbs chicken bones, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb veal bone, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 carrot, cut into 2 inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chicken bones of any skin or fat.
- Place all ingredients into a large stockpot along with 8 cups cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 6 hours. Add water as needed during cooking to keep bones covered.
- Strain stock though a fine sieve. Discard solids.
- Chill stock, then remove hardened fat and discard.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 days, freezes for up to six months.