6 hrs 15 mins
From the original Eating Well magazine. This recipe is from 1990. I wanted to post it here so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim chicken bones of any skin or fat.
- 2Place all ingredients into a large stockpot along with 8 cups cold water.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 6 hours. Add water as needed during cooking to keep bones covered.
- 4Strain stock though a fine sieve. Discard solids.
- 5Chill stock, then remove hardened fat and discard.
- 6Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 days, freezes for up to six months.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eating Well's Rich Chicken Stock
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8