3 hrs 15 mins
From the original Eating Well magazine. This recipe is from 1990. I wanted to post it here so I don't lose it. This uses components from other Eating Well recipes I have posted separately. Use on roasted chicken or meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop carrot, onion, thyme and bay leaf together in a food processor.
- 2Transfer vegetable mixture to a non-aluminum saucepan. Sprinkle cornstach over minced vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- 3Stir in white wine and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until mixture is warm.
- 4Stir in stock. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring freqently and scraping bottom of pan to prevent sticking.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, or until mixture has reduced to 2 cups. Continue to stir often and make sure mixture does not stick to bottom or sides of pan.
- 6Stir in tomato puree and simmer about 45 minutes longer, continuing to stir often. Remove from heat. Strain through a fine sieve, discard solids.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eating Well's Espagnole Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: