While looking for something entirely different, I found this recipe, entitled "5 Minutes/3 Bananas/1 Loaf of Goodness" Banana Bread. As I'd been looking for a good, simple banana bread recipe for some time, I decided to add this one to my recipes here, because it definately fits the bill. Personally, I add nuts, as they're a must in banana bread in this house, but add whatever you like best in yours.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (can substitute part whole wheat flour)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 bananas, mashed (about 1+ cup)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts (or whatever your heart, or taste buds, desire!) or 1⁄2-1 cup pecans (or whatever your heart, or taste buds, desire!) or 1⁄2-1 cup chocolate chips (or whatever your heart, or taste buds, desire!) or 1⁄2-1 cup coconut (or whatever your heart, or taste buds, desire!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9x5” loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients, then cut in the margerine or butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs (a potato masher works well for this, too)/ With fork stir in mashed bananas and beaten eggs, just until blended. Spread batter into a pan.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour until toothpick comes out clea. Cool for 10 minutes on a rack, then remove from pan.