Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This yummy dessert is great in spring and summer who can't resist real cream, home made meringues and fresh fruit!!
- Heat the oven to 130°C/110°C fan/Gas 1, line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form stiff peaks, gradually whisk sugar into egg whites until smooth and glossy.
- Using a spoon spread evenly several small circles onto the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes until they are crisp then leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Whip cream until moderately stiff, but be careful not to over whip.
- Wash fruit and cut into bite size pieces.
- Crush meringues up roughly into a large serving bowl and add cream and fruit, mix until fully incorporated.
This is properly called "Eton Mess," as it was invented at the school of the same name...
Brilliant, it works really well.Good Recipe.