Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although it's not your typical pasta salad, this is my family's favorite. It's a great way to get your veggies.
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 small red bell peppers or 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, sliced and chopped how you want
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut in matchstick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup snow peas, cut in 3s
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise, I use vegenaise. Mayo can be substituted but I don't think the flavor is as good and vegenaise is a
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos, soy sauce can be substituted
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill relish, chopped dill pickles can also be used (you can also add pickle juice to taste)
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Boil macaroni noodles in water until cooked - follow the package directions. Then drain the noodles and rinse in cool water. Place cooked noodles in a large bowl.
- Steam the carrots, snow peas, and bell pepper by your steamers directions. I usually steam my veggies for about 8 minutes on a stove steamer, but I've also used a microwave steamer. Add the veggies to the macaroni noodles after they've been steamed and rinsed in cool water.
- In a small bowl mix together the vegenaise, red wine vinegar, Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce), dill relish (or dill pickles and pickle juice), and Mrs. Dash. Pour the mixture over the veggies and macaroni noodles and mix together well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Though my family usually likes to eat it right away and doesn't necessarily feel it needs to be cooled.