Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a pasta which contains greens AND anchovies but EVERYONE will love it.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 8 anchovy fillets, with some of their oil
- 2 cups trimmed greens, washed, dried, and chopped. Arugula and spinach work well
- 1 lb linguine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, flakses
- Boil water and cook pasta while preparing the oil during the next step. Reserve one cup of the water used for boiling the pasta.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet with high heat. Add the garlic and anchovies. The garlic will sizzle and the anchovies will break up.
- Turn the heat to a minimum and add the greens and the cooked pasta to the pan.
- Add enough of the reserved water to make a sauce. Turn the heat to medium and stir for a minute.
- Add salt, black pepper, and red pepper to taste.
- Put the mixture in a bowl, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, mix and serve.