1/2 Photos of Eat Your Beans! Easy Fresh Green Bean Salad
magpie diner's Note:
A handy little recipe that I adapted from a pretty generic looking Mexican cookbook that I have. The original recipe calls for feta cheese, so that's an option if you eat dairy. I think it's a great dish without the cheese but also plan to incorporate Almond 'feta Cheese' Spread With Herb Oil (Vegan) into it next time. Great way to use fresh beans from your garden, they are the star of the dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fresh green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or sub your favourite fruit vinegar)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh garlic clove (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped well (or sub 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or halved)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1Bring about 2 inches of water to boil in the bottom of a steamer. Add the beans to the top part, cover and let steam until tender but still firm (about 4-5 minutes). You really want to retain their crispness. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. You could also dunk them into a ice water bath. Drain well and pat dry.
- 2While the beans cook, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and garlic and season to taste with S&P. (If using feta you likely won't want any salt).
- 3Place the cooled beans into a bowl with the onions, cilantro, radish slices, oregano and toss together with the dressing. Adjust seasoning.
- 4Transfer to a serving platter. Surround the beans with the tomato wedges for garnish. Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eat Your Beans! Easy Fresh Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g