Eat-the-bowl Rainbow Chili
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat, then cook red and green peppers, carrots, celery, onion and garlic for about five minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Add the meat (either ground turkey, chicken, or beef) and cook until no longer pink (about 3 minutes or so).
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in beans and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cut out wedge along the top of each roll and pull out some of the inside to hollow out a"bowl" with side at least 1/2" thick.
- Spoon chili in the"bowl" and sprinkle with your choice of cheese.