1/2 Photos of Eat-Some-More Danish Tea Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe has been posted for ZWT II & my source is my "Classic Scandanavian Cooking" cookbook by Nika Hazelton. Per the intro, "From Mrs. Arne Christiansen, who lived in America but cooked in the best Danish manner. This cake is quick & easy to make."
My Private Note
3 in sq ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven at 350°F Cream together butter & confectioner's sugar till mixture is fluffy.
- 2Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Stir in lemon rind.
- 3Sift flour w/baking powder. Add flour to batter, alternately w/milk.
- 4Spread batter in buttered & floured 9-in square baking pan. Arrange apple slices on top of batter in overlapping rows.
- 5Sprinkle w/almonds. Sprinkle w/sugar in an amt that depends on the sweetness of the apples you have used.
- 6Bake 50 min or till cake tests done. Serve w/sweetened whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eat-Some-More Danish Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of