Recipe by Dotty2
These are so easy to make and taste like a Eat More candy bar. I make them often and they are always on my Christmas dainty tray. Need to take a dainty to the office? This would be the one.I'm sure these could be made using a micowave, I have just always used the stove--- not sure why.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (dry roasted are best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt peanut butter and honey over med low heat.
- Add chocolate chips to peanut butter and honey.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add oatmeal and peanuts.
- Press into lightly buttered 8x8 pan( using lightly buttered hands if you need to).
- Set in fridge until firm enough to cut into bars.
- (about 1 hr).
- (for thinner bars use larger pan).
- Freeze very well.