Recipe by kelly in TO
I was very happy to find this low fat breakfast burrito; the flavor with a little salsa was so good.
Top Review by otters39
These were good. I am glad to have found a healthy alternative to the McD's burritos that I love so much! I left out the veggies, so I only used the egg whites, pepper, and cottage cheese. I also halved it since I am the only one who will eat them (1 cup egg whites & 1/4 cup cottage cheese). They filled 3 tortillas. I only had one and I was stuffed! As for the torillas, I just microwaved them for 30 seconds to warm them up. I admit I cheated a bit and added a tiny bit of cheese when I heated the torillas :) I will be using this next time I get a craving for McD's. Good taste, quick to prepare, and few dishes = great recipe!
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green peppers or 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped (vidalia or purple)
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas, wrap
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170°F and place tortilla wraps in oven to warm while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk egg whites, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté vegetables and beans until soft. Pour the egg/cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and cook until mixture sets. Once firm, divide egg mixture among the warmed tortillas. Roll each into a burrito.
- Garnish with low-fat, low sodium salsa.