Recipe by BC Sher
This is so simple to make and a wonderful way to use up those zucchinis in the garden. Always a hit!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out white pulp from zucchinis, leaving 1/4" pulp in shell. Put pulp in small bowl and chop up.
- Mix in Salsa, amount depends on how much you like. I use 2 Tablespoons per zucchini. Spoon pulp mixture back into zucchini shells and sprinkle Mozzarella on top.
- Place stuffed shells in lasagna dish. Poke toothpicks in tops of zucchinis and cover with plastic wrap, slightly tenting on top of toothpicks. Toothpicks hold plastic off zucchini. Cook in microwave on Medium High Power for approximately 5 minutes.
- Check tenderness at this time and turn zucchinis around in dish and continue cooking on Medium High for approximately 3-5 minutes more until tender crisp. Don't overcook or will be too mushy.
- Can serve one half zucchini each, or slice in quarters if desired.