This recipe was from my grandmother. It is one of my favorites and it is so easy to make. In fact, the hardest thing about it is sharing it! A warm slice with a little butter is the best. It also freezes great!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 - 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- Blend all ingredients together on low for about 1 minute, scraping sides of the bowl constantly.
- Then, beat on medium for about 1 minute. Don't over mix.
- Pour evenly into pans and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for about 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- *If you use self rising flour, omit salt, soda, and baking powder.