Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fast and really tasty dish! You can use your own favorite pizza sauce for this, I use my own Kittencal's Pizza Sauce.
- 946.36 ml unpeeled shredded zucchini
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can Italian-style tomato sauce (tomato sauce, with 1/4 tsp. each, oregano and basil)
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt.
- Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan cheese, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Press into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper; drain any fat, and add/mix the tomato sauce; spoon over baked zucchini mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses, and sprinkle with green pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes more.
i made this with eggplant instead of zucchini: Delicious. I used low fat cheese and minimal amounts of oil. I think I managed to get it down to a 6 point weight watchers meal from 11 points! I will make this again.
This is time consuming to make. It was ok but I think it was my fault. I used sausage and cooked it with garlic gloves, green pepper, and onion. Used a sausage flavored spagehtti sauce. I drained everything really good and halfed the cheese but still came out greasey. I will try again with ground beef next time. I also thought the zuchinni was gonna turn into a crust but it didn't.