Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This takes minutes to make! Serve these as an appetizer in a chafing dish with toothpicks. Adjust all ingredients to taste and the recipe can be doubled. Serving size is only estimated.
Top Review by lucid501
I left out the green pepper, as I didn't have any, and we served this as a meal over rice instead of as an appetizer. Very good recipe, and very easy. It seems like it would easily lend itself to ingredient changes and substitutions if neccessary, which is another plus. Thanks!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1/3 cup) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (for more heat increse the cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in all remaining ingredients with the chicken cubes, simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the chicken in the sauce with toothpicks.