Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I used to make the traditional turkey. Then I found this recipe on a website many years ago. since then I always make it this way and everyone asks for the recepi and can't get over how easy and delicious it comes out.
- 12 lbs turkey
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- Put oven on 425 degrees.
- Wash inside and outside of turkey.
- Pat dry with paper towels, inside and outside.
- Rub salt and pepper on inside.
- Rub melted margarine on outside.
- Lay with breast side up in roast pan.
- Put in oven covered for 45 minutes.
- Mix honey with maple syrup brandy and spices.
- Lower oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover breast and wings with aluminum foil.
- Baste turkey with honey mixture every 1/2 hour.
- Remove after turkey thermometer inserted in leg pops up or after 1 1/2 hour.
- Let the turkey rest a few minutes, carve it and enjoy!