Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made up this recipe from things I had on hand- and it came out great - this is a firmer/yet moist version.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients together in kitchenaid mixing bowl.
- Mix together with kitchenaid until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Place in 9 x 9 inch butter-greased glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Cornbread is one of my favorites, & am always looking for new ways to make it! Including cottage cheese definitely does it for this recipe! I did add another 3/4 cup of whole kernel corn, 'cause I like it that way! Another time I might add a little lemon pepper, but still this cornbread was very tasty! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]