1/3 Photos of Easy Yummy King Prawn Thai Green Curry
This is an easy recipe with amazing results. I first tried this with fresh chilli, lemongrass and ginger, but the things I list here can be kept as part of your fridge/cupboard stock and therefore this can be made at the drop of a hat, pretty much no prep needed, and tastes just as good. We have this on a weekly basis. The consistency of the sauce will be quite thin, which is fine, do not try to thicken it, it is meant to be that way. I serve this in a bowl, on a plate with the rice to the side, so you can scoop up a forkful of rice then dip and pick up prawns, mushrooms and sauce. I would recommend tasting once you put the stock etc in, if it is too sweet, add more stock, you can tinker with the amount of stock and coconut milk to your taste. The coriander must be fresh, it really makes the dish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g peeled headless king prawns
- 150 g baby button mushrooms
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, in oil
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, in oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- 2Add the ginger, lemongrass, chilli flakes and cook for one minute.
- 3Add the curry paste and stir well, and cook for two minutes.
- 4Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat to a strong simmer and add the mushrooms. Simmer for 8-9 minutes.
- 6Add the prawns. If your prawns are already cooked, then heat through for no more than 2-3 minutes, or they will become tough. If raw prawns are being used, cook until they are completely turned pink and then two minutes more.
- 7Stir in the coriander for the last minute of cooking.
- 8Serve with jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Yummy King Prawn Thai Green Curry
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 2243.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste