I am a stickler for a good chicken salad...it has to be easy, sweet, with a bit of crunch and not too "mayonnaisey"! This is my interpretation of the perfect chicken salad sandwich filling. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) canof cooked white meat chicken, broken up and shredded (by hand or fork)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (regular or light is fine)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small granny smith apples or 1 small equally tart and crisp apple, diced into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 stalk celery, diced into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients into large bowl and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- I like to serve on sweet Hawaiian bread or toasted whole wheat.