Recipe by Vix Mix
really good enchiladas and really super easy to make. Learned this recipe from my deli manager when I worked at a gas station during high school. It was a weekly favorite to all of our customers. Also my hubby and 2 yr old LOVE it so I have to make it rather often.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 anaheim chili
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package flour tortillas (burrito sized)
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- cook chicken until done. seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- cut the Anaheim chili into small chunks(*note you can use more then one if you like lots of spice).
- mix the chicken, chili pieces, and cheese in a large bowl until well blended.(*you can use a Mexican mix cheese if you prefer.).
- pour enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to cover it.
- grab a tortilla and dip one side into sauce on bottom of pan then flip it over.
- grab a handful of the chicken and cheese mixture and spread out in a thin row toward the top side of the tortilla then roll.
- repeat the above step until pan is full.(no need to leave space between them).
- any extra cheese and chicken mixture can be poured on top of the rolled enchiladas.
- pour remaining enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas.
- cover and bake at 350 for 30 min or until all the cheese is melted.