Recipe by Secret Agent
Made with cooked pudding this is a little more labor intensive but still very easy and very yummy. Make the pudding one evening and put the pudding together the next day so it has some time in the refrigerator to soften the cookies and mellow the flavors. I brought a recipe of this to a BBQ a couple of weeks ago. There were only ten people there but I honestly think I could have made three recipes of this and not had anything leftover. UPDATE: I made this for my MIL's Memorial and it was a hit. It gave a sweet touch to a sad day.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 ounces vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 14 ounces vanilla wafers (Zaar insisted on a size and I guessed since I don't have a box of Nilla's around)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the condensed milk, water and pudding mix whisking all the time until it boils hard, remove from heat, lay plastic wrap on top to prevent skin and chill.
- Fold the cool whip into the pudding.
- In glass bowl layer the bottom with cookies top side facing out.
- Layer bananas on top of the cookies.
- Layer pudding mix on top of bananas.
- Stick a layer of cookies up on edge, tops facing out, in a ring around your bowl so it looks pretty through the glass.
- Repeat the layers ending with a layer of pudding and then topped with a layer of cookies. Be gentle and take your time with the layers to keep everything neat.
- (You should use up all the cookies and banana slices except for the few you just had to eat.).
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least overnight.