Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Recipe is courtesy of an old family friend. After struggling with Yorkshire Puddings for a long time, these finally rose. They were fluffy and light, and didn't last two minutes with my husband and friends digging in to them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 fluid ounces cold water
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- Sift the flour into a bowl, and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, water, milk, salt and pepper, and mix it all together using a hand mixer. Let sit for an hour at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Add enough oil to each individual hole in a muffin tray to cover the bottom of each hole. Place in the oven.
- When the oil is almost smoking, pull out of the oven, and working quickly, add enough of the Yorkshire Pudding batter to fill each hole halfway.
- Place the tray back in the Oven, and cook until Yorkshire Puddings are risen and golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.