Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've made these a few times, and they've turned out perfect each time! A traditional Yorkshire pudding is made with beef drippings but this recipe uses butter. If you have drippings, by all means use the drippings instead of the butter!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahreneheit.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together; stir in the flour and salt.
- Set aside.
- Divide the butter or margarine into twelve cups of a muffin tin.
- Place tin in oven until butter is melted and hot.
- Remove tin from oven; divide batter evenly between all twelve cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about 25 additional minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Great served with gravy!
These are very good and easy. I use oil in the pan rather than butter (and heat until it smokes) as this was the way my English MIL showed me. Thanks for the recipe