Recipe by GiddyUpGo
This recipe originally appeared on a food blog called "7th Kitchen," but I've modified it a little. My version doesn't have any milk in it and less coconut milk, too, so it's not as saucy. The sauce in this version is really rich and delicious, and I was thrilled by how easy it is to make. I used Maesri brand yellow curry paste. I can't vouch for any other brand but this one makes a really delicious curry.
Top Review by Zurie
Oh, nice and easy!! The one star less than 5 is because I really wanted extra spices, so added cinnamon, cumin, fine coriander and fresh ginger. It was great, because my husband does not really like a strong curry. This was just fine. I admit I did not use chicken breasts (we really dislike them) and I used drumsticks and thighs with bone-in and skin-on -- so much more tasty! But never mind that, it was a lovely dish!! Thank you!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 g) can yellow curry paste (Maesri brand)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chicken in the vegetable oil until just starting to turn golden. Add the onion and keep cooking until soft.
- Add the potatoes and pour in the yellow curry paste and the coconut milk. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. You can add a little chicken stock if the mixture starts to dry out.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.