Recipe by Larkin
This is a slight adaptation of a recipe I've used in the past. I simplified the recipe a little bit so that I could have all of the ingredients ready and available at any time. Enjoy!
Top Review by troutlily
This was fantastic. I tried this a couple of weeks ago and I am going to do it again tonight. Sweetie loved it, and I loved all of the simple to come by ingredients. I was not sure about the addition of sugar, but went with the recipe and was very pleased with the flavor. It got even better the next day as the flavors melded more. This one's a keeper- thanks for posting!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, tenderized and cubed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- sriracha sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Before cooking: tenderize and cube chicken, chop onion and mince garlic (I combine the two ingredients in a food processor), and combine curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, ginger root, and sugar in a small cereal-sized bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onion and garlic.
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is browned.
- Add curry spices to the pan (add olive oil if need be--use your better judgement).
- Saute combination until the spices have soaked up all of the remaining olive oil.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, and chicken.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add lemon juice.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over white rice (or fancier rice, if you prefer).
- Allow guests to add sriracha sauce to their tastes.