Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Simple and quick. I found this one from Kraft. I like to make biscuits.
- 3⁄4 cup kraft Italian dressing
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, such as beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 slices oscar mayer bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into large chunks (about 1-1/2 lb.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dressing and meat in large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 30 minute to marinate. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large saucepot on medium heat 5 minute or until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepot; drain.
- Add onions and mushrooms; cook on medium-high heat 10 minute or until softened. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Add meat, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, the broth and bacon to saucepot add thyme. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour and 15 minute
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.