Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Keep one of these delicious pies in the fridge for a healthy breakfast on the go, easy take-along lunch, or nourishing after-school snack! I like to make 2 at a time- I serve one for dinner and the other goes in the fridge.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (can use cream for a richer pie, or any not-too-sweet milk substitute for dairy-free)
- 2 cups shredded kale (can sub any type or combo of greens- chard, spinach, collards, etc.)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk one egg with a fork, then add the Simply Potatoes and 1/2 tsp salt and mix well.
- Press into bottom and up sides of greased 9" pie pan to form crust. Bake for 35 minutes, until it begins to brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, briefly cook the kale by either steaming or sauteing, then transfer to a plate to cool.
- Lightly whisk remaining 4 eggs with remaining 1 tsp salt and all of the milk. When kale is cool, stir into egg mixture.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Pour the egg and kale mixture into the crust and bake for 30 minutes. Easy and healthy!