Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So quick to make, and the brown sugar adds a little extra sweetness to the crust. Good workout for your arms too! FYI: One reviewer said to use "soft wheat" instead of "hard wheat"...I have only ever used the flour that is labeled "whole wheat flour" or "white whole wheat flour," no mention of hard or soft, so I'm not sure what that's about. It seems none of my other reviewers have had that problem.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan shortening
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place flour, sugar, salt, sugar, and shortening in large tupperware or other plastic container with lid. (If all else fails, use a really strong large slide lock plastic bag). Seal tightly.
- Shake 3 minutes. Open & make sure mixture is uniform.
- Add water.
- Shake 3 more minutes & open to see if mixture is large dough ball of uniform consistency.
- Roll out on floured surface. Can be frozen for later use.
Really enjoyed the taste! Only made half the recipe for pumpkin pie. I'll only do whole wheat from now on! Thank you!
I'm sorry but you need to state to use SOFT wheat. AND this was way to wet. It was sticky and wouldn't hold together. Might be my fault as I don't have soft wheat, only hard. If I get soft wheat, I will try again. Sorry
Really easy and it made a lot. I think I will add a little more sugar and some vanilla next time:)