Recipe by Mims & Squims
So quick to make, and the brown sugar adds a little extra sweetness to the crust. Good workout for your arms too! FYI: One reviewer said to use "soft wheat" instead of "hard wheat"...I have only ever used the flour that is labeled "whole wheat flour" or "white whole wheat flour," no mention of hard or soft, so I'm not sure what that's about. It seems none of my other reviewers have had that problem.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan shortening
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour, sugar, salt, sugar, and shortening in large tupperware or other plastic container with lid. (If all else fails, use a really strong large slide lock plastic bag). Seal tightly.
- Shake 3 minutes. Open & make sure mixture is uniform.
- Add water.
- Shake 3 more minutes & open to see if mixture is large dough ball of uniform consistency.
- Roll out on floured surface. Can be frozen for later use.