Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simple, quick recipe, makes good pancakes. Can easily be made more healthy by using all whole-wheat flour and replacing the oil with applesauce.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together in a different bowl (I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoons vanilla). Add the dry to wet ingredients all at once, still until blended.
- Pour by 1/4 cup onto lightly greased griddle. Makes 10 pancakes.
Tasty and fast! I ran out of pancake mix and was looking for an easy pancake recipe. This was just about as quick as using mix but tasted better. I added vanilla, like the author said they sometimes do.