1/2 Photos of Easy Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 30 mins
A really easy,soft bread. I like it best when it is warmed up. This recipe makes either one big loaf or two regular sized loaves. If your mixer does not have a dough hook then a strong arm works just as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease one or two loaf pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- 3Heat the oil, milk, and water to 100-110 degrees.
- 4Add the warmed ingredients and egg to the bowl and blend at low speed until everything is evenly moistened. Beat 3 minutes more at medium speed. Using a dough hook stir in 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour.
- 5If you choose to make 2 loaves, divide the dough and let it rise in the greased pans,otherwise leave it in the bowl to rise and put the dough in the greased pan when your oven is preheated.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap or towel and place in a warm place (80-85 degrees), or put the covered dough on a rack over a pan of very hot water in the oven. The dough should double in about one hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Bake for 30- 40 minutes. Remove it from the pans and cool on a baker's rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g