A really lovely, OH-SO-EASY, nutty and ever so slightly sweet loaf that can either be baked in the oven or the microwave or barbecued! All my guests that I have served this to over the years have asked for the recipe. (I have listed the cooking time of the oven-baked option)
- Mix together the dry ingredients, reserving some of the sesame seeds to sprinkle over the loaf.
- Combine the buttermilk, honey and peanut butter.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9 inch foil tart pan and sprinkle the reserved sesame seeds over.
- Invert another foil pan over the first and fasten with wet wooden clothes pegs.
- Barbecue on a grid over moderate coals for 45 minutes, turning frequently.
- Bake in a greased loaf tin at 375°F for 1+ 1/4 hours, or alternatively microwave at 70% power for 12 minutes.
- Variation: Substitute crushed wheat or whole wheat flour for half of the Nutty Wheat.