Making sauces is simple in a microwave oven since you don't have to worry about scorching, sticking or overcooking. Occasional, rather than constant, stirring prevents lumping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk
For Cheese Sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
For Curry Sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
For Horseradish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
For Mustard Sauce
- 1Combine melted butter, flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2Gradually add milk and stir until smooth.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, at MEDIUM heat in a microwave for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- 4For Cheese Sauce: Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- 5Cook at HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes, if necessary, to completely melt cheese.
- 6For Curry Sauce: Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder.
- 7For Horseradish Sauce: Add 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish.
- 8For Mustard Sauce: Add 2 tablespoons prepared mustard and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- 9Please note this Mustard Sauce is not Vegetarian.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy White Sauce (With Variations) for the Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1552.6
- Calories from Fat 895
- Total Fat 99.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 17548.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 50.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 89.4 g