Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Such a tasty summer treat. This is just the basic recipe for white sangria. You can add what ever fruit you like to give this drink extra fruity flavor. I've tried a great variety, but I always go back to berries (black, blue, raspberry), peach, and plum, as they tend to impart the most flavor. Now don't forget, eating the wine soaked fruit is the best part!
- 2 quarts cheap white wine (I typically use a chablis, however if you have the money, the better the quality of wine the better )
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur (triple sec, grand marnier, cointreau, gran gala)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cups fruit, sliced (see recipe description for suggestions)
- Combine all ingredients. Allow to marinate for at least 24 hours, preferably 48. You can keep this in the refrigerator in a cool, dry place.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!